Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Director: James Gunn
Cast: Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Ophelia Lovibond, Lee Pace, Glenn Close, Karen Gillan, Benicio Del Toro, John C. Reilly, Djimon Hounsou
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team—the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel's “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits—Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand—with the galaxy's fate in the balance.
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill / Star-Lord: The leader of the Guardians who was abducted from Missouri as a child in the mid-1980s and raised by a group of thieves and smugglers called the Ravagers and is the heir to the Spartax empire.
- Vin Diesel as Groot: A tree-like humanoid who is Rocket's accomplice.
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer: A warrior in search of vengeance against Ronan after his family is killed.
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket: A genetically engineered raccoon who is a bounty hunter and mercenary and is a master of weapons and battle tactics.
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora: An orphan from an alien world who was trained by Thanos to be his personal assassin and seeks redemption from her past crimes.
Related Pages: Guardians of the Galaxy